Should I do an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) program?

Well, that depends.  Do you plan to transfer to a four-year university to complete your bachelor's degree?  If so, you want to pursue the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree.  If you only want to  study for two years and go directly into the workforce, then you should pursue one of our Associate of Science (A.S.) degree programs.

Many students get confused by the words "arts" in the A.A. degree title.  Regardless, if you want to study political science, art history, engineering, chemistry, or anything else, and you want to transfer to a four-year university in your third year to finish a bachelor's degree, then you will get your A.A. It's also known as the "college/university transfer" degree.


Print Article


Article ID: 24683
Fri 2/10/17 2:59 PM
Tue 3/7/23 5:03 PM